Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Driving Day 1

Today I drove from Oakland to Salt Lake City, Utah. It was about 740 miles total going through California, Nevada and Utah mostly on I-80. The landscape was more scenic than expected. It turns out Nevada is not just a big flat desert. I stopped for lunch in Elko, NV and ate a Big Mac meal at a McDonalds despite watching "Supersize Me" a few days earlier. It was still tasty. I stayed at a Super 8 motel south of Salt Lake City. The lady at the front desk was named Sandeep. For dinner I went to a nearby restaurant which was kind of like a sports bar. I was surprised that I could buy beer so easily at a restaurant in Utah. Apparently the state law is that you can buy alcohol if you buy food, but you can't just get a beer without food at a normal restaurant. I got a local brew named "Polygamy Porter." At least some people in Utah have a sense of humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home