Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Friday, March 25, 2005

Aspen Impressions

I had a very good overall impression of Aspen. The skiing was great. Aspen Highlands and Ajax seemed like premier expert areas. Buttermilk (site of the winter X-Games) is also adjacent to the town of Aspen and it is more of a beginner area, but we didn't ski there. The slopes in Aspen were very uncrowded. No lift lines at all on Friday. Snowmass had some crowds, but not too bad. The town also seemed really cool with lots of nice restaurants. The biggest surprise to me was that Aspen did not seem more expensive than other ski towns. Our lodging was relatively cheap, but still very nice. Lift tickets are less than Vail or Beaver Creek. Unless you are shopping at the fur coat store, the cost of skiing in Aspen is probably similar to Breckenridge or Vail. I would have to say, at this point, if I ever take a ski vacation to Colorado again, I would probably go to Aspen. My biggest disappointment while I was here was that I didn't see any celebrities in town or on the slopes. I was really hoping to see Britney Spears or Kevin Costner :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home