Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Saturday, June 04, 2005

1st Chair on a June Powder Day


Today was a real powder day at A-Basin (It is June 4th!!!). I got up early not even knowing it was going to snow overnight and looked out the window to see several inches of snow on the ground. I drove up to A-Basin and was one of the first in line when the Exhibition lift opened. Fresh tracks all the way down with about 5in of snow. After riding the lift up again I waited for the Norway lift to open on the upper mountain. I got first chair and once again had fresh tracks all the way down. Fortunately, since I skied here on Wednesday, I knew which runs had good snow coverage. The new snow provided a precariously thin cover over the countless bare spots and rocks. I got a couple of good runs in before the snow started to get skied out. I left pretty early, but had a great time for skiing in June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home