Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Brrrr

As predicted the high temperature today was barely above freezing. In the morning I dropped off my car at the auto repair shop to get a new battery. The 1/4 mile walk to the bus stop was not much fun in the subzero temperatures. The walk back in the afternoon was even worse because the wind had picked up. It was too cold to ski so I just hung out with my family for most of the day in their condo. In the evening we watched Napoleon Dynamite. It was the first time I had seen it. I thought it was alright. This is the perfect example of a good movie that was overhyped to the point that when I finally got to see it I was disappointed that it was not spectacular. So many people had said it was great that I was expecting great things. This sort of thing seems to happen frequently with my general "No movie theater" policy. I remember a similar thing happening when I saw Shrek a couple of years ago. Hopefully tomorrow it will be warmer so I can hit the slopes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home