Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Ski Day #1

Today was my first day of skiing in the 2004/05 season. I bought a Ski 3 pass for $330. The pass is good at Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin. It is quite a deal considering a single day lift ticket is $71. It snowed about 4 in yesterday so the snow was decent, although I couldn't find any fresh powder stashes. I spent most of the day exploring Breckenridge and getting a feel for the mountain. My new skis and boots were working very well. The mountain is big with a large diversity of terrain. A lot of the expert terrain and big high alpine bowls above treeline are not yet open due to lack of snow cover. Currently Peak 8 and Peak 9 are open. I think the best run was 4 O'Clock run when I skied right up to my condo. In the afternoon I took a trip to Walmart and Safeway to begin furnishing my condo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home