Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Housing Search is Over

After an agonizing 3 days of looking for housing and being on the verge of settling for a room in a poor location, I found a spectacular place to live. It's a 2BD/2BA condo which is located on a 4 O'Clock Run which is a ski run that goes into town. I can ski up to the back door of my building and it is only 20 steps to the front door of my condo. The snowflake lift is a short walk up the street and main streets is less than 2 blocks away. This is exactly the location I was looking for. I probably won't need to use my car much to get around or go shopping. Most of the units in the building are short term rentals. Units the same size as my unit rent for up to $480 a night. The unit I am living in is normally reserved for employees of the condominium complex, but this year they didn't need it, so they rented it to me. There is a hot tub, a pool and a fitness center in the complex as well. Unfortunately, the condo is mostly unfurnished and doesn't have a washer/dryer. Those are the only flaws I can see so far. I'll have to find a roommate as well, although that shouldn't be to hard considering the location of the condo. Tomorrow I'm going to move all my stuff into the condo and begin to unpack.
The place is pretty big which is nice. There is plenty of room for guests to come and visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home