Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Monday, December 13, 2004

Driving Day 2

450 miles from Salt Lake City to Breckenridge. This drive was much more scenic than day 1. Salt Lake City is nestled right against the Wasatch Mountain Range. I took US-6 Southeast through the Wasatch Range through Price to Green River. It was beautiful seeing the sun rise over the snow covered mountain passes. From Green River I took I-70 all of the way to Colorado. This part of Southern Utah has pretty cool rock formations. The Rockies Mountains are pretty spectacular as well. I stopped in Glenwood Springs for lunch and then drove straight to Breckenridge. I spent my first three nights in the Wayside Inn just north of Breckenridge. It was a pretty run down motel, but it only cost $38 a night, so I couldn't complain. I spent the rest of the day getting oriented with the town of Breckenridge and looking for housing. I had dinner at the Breckenridge Brewery which has some pretty good house brews. I got to watch the ridiculous Monday Night Football game between the Titans and the Chiefs. 87 Points and nearly 1000 yards of total offense, I guess the defenses stayed home. Tomorrow I plan on continuing my housing search.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home