Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Day in Denver

My parents flew home today. We all drove down to Denver and had lunch with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins before they left. I hadn't seen my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins for almost 2 years so it was nice to see them. We had lunch at the The Perfect Landing at the Centennial Airport on the South side of Denver. It is a pretty cool restaurant that overlooks the runways so you can see the planes taking off and landing. To complete the unusual meat trifecta (see previous posts) I had a buffalo burger. It was tasty, although I have to say that I now know that I prefer beef over buffalo. The Centennial airport appears to be used almost exclusively by business jets and private aircraft. I got the impression that many of the people in the restaurant and the airport were very wealthy. There were quite a few trophy wives wandering around. Some of these trophies were very impressive, if you know what I mean. After dropping my parents off at the airport I headed back to Breckenridge. The drive is actually pretty quick (about an hour and half) when traffic is light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home