Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Monday, January 24, 2005

I have the greatest job ever

The last two days have been spectacular. The temperature has been in the high 30s/low 40s (ie really hot). It has been sunny and not windy at all. Today I only wore a T-shirt under my shell jacket. On days when the resort is not crowded we basically get paid to ski around the mountain all day. We have to do set up in the morning and a little bit of speed control during the day, but most of the time we are just skiing all over the mountain. We ski everywhere including the high alpine bowls. Every now and then we help guests with directions and what not. But mostly, I just get paid to ski. It is so awesome!!! When the resort closes we ride with ski patrollers as they are doing their sweeps to ensure everyone is off the mountain. I got to ride around on the back of a snowmobile today. Tomorrow is going to be another hard day at the office. So far the only downside to my job is that I couldn't watch the NFC championship game yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home