Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Rails

One of the skiing skills that I really want to learn is sliding rails. Up until today I had never tries sliding sideways across rails and funboxes. Keystone has a baby rail park that is perfect for learning. It has a bunch of little rails and funboxes which aren't very long or high off the ground. About a week ago I bought a pair of used rental skis for $40 at a store in Frisco. They are 177cm Rossignols that are probably 6 years old or so. Basically they suck and my goal is to destroy them. Using them on rails is perfect. It was so weird going from jumping off cornices in the Outback Bowl to being scared of tiny rails and funboxes in the same day. I spent most of the time practicing on two little funboxes. I would slide each of them, hike back up and do it over and over. It took me probably 10 tries to start to get the hang of it. It is a skiing skill very different from any I currently possess. It turns out the park was not open for night skiing as I had hoped, so I only got to spend about an hour working on the funboxes. I never progressed to the rails. I will definately return though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home