Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Earliest Start Ever

It was a little rough sleeping in the car. Around midnight it started raining. Later the wind picked up tremendously. The gusts were rocking my car quite a bit. Normally in Breckenridge at night the weather is pretty still. I was nervous that this weather was indicative of bad things to come the next day. I woke up bleary eyed a bit after 3am. I got my gear together, got dressed, made some sandwiches and hit the trail before 4am. The wind was still howling. When I signed the book at the trailhead I saw there were already 3 parties ahead of me on the trail. I switched on my headlamp and headed into the darkness. Of course I forgot my sunglasses again but realized it only 2-3 minutes into the hike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home