Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Mountain Biking

Today I went on my first real mountain bike ride of the season. I discovered that even with all of the skiing and hiking I don't have the endurance to bike at 10,000 feet. I started from my condo and rode up Peak 9 into the Breckenridge ski resort. There is a dirt road which goes up the mountain. I got about 2.5 miles up before I headed down on some singletrack trails. A ski resort isn't very good for cross country mountain biking because the trails are either up or down, there aren't really any flat parts. The way down was fun. There are some nice trails on the mountain. It was a pretty short ride, but a good taste of what is available around here. I can't wait until the chairlifts open again so uphill biking is no longer required :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home