Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Moguls

One of my poorest skiing skills is skiing moguls. I can get down mogul fields without a problem, but I can't ski them very gracefully. Now that I work for Vail Resorts, I get two free lessons a month. Today I took a lesson with the intention of learning how to ski moguls. This was the first time I had taken a lesson in at least 10 years, and the first time I had taken an advanced lesson. My instructor was cool. He liked to ski fast, which suited me well. It was good to get a lot of tips for skiing moguls. I now have a bunch of things I can practice and get better at. Another cool thing we got to do on the lesson was take a few runs on the race course. I destroyed (minimum 2s margin of victory) everyone else in the class except the instructor, but I still only won bronze medals. Overall it was a fun day. I learned a lot. It was good to find out that the manner in which I ski groomed runs is mostly correct. Now I just have to practice those moguls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home