Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Ski Day #12

I only skied for a couple of hours on New Years Eve day. I headed for the T-Bar and Chair 6 on peak 8 which were not open the previous day. The runs in Horseshoe Bowl and under Chair 6 were a lot of fun with good snow conditions.
The town had a number of New Years celebrations. One of the events was a torchlight parade where the ski school employees skied down the mountain at night holding flares. It sounded like it would be cool to see a couple hundred people skiing down the mountain at night, but it was pretty lame. Later in the evening they had fireworks which were pretty good. It kind of sucks that I don't know very many people here yet, so I didn't have anyone to party with. Overall a pretty boring new years eve for me. Now I'm sitting around doing what everyone should do on New Years Day, watching football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home