Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Working Powder Day

One of my fears when I got my job was that if there were a good powder day, I would have to work all day and I would not get to play in the new snow. Today it snowed a bunch overnight and I didn't know what to expect when I got to work. I showed up at the chair lift at 8am and my boss told everyone who was there to go up an take a run before our morning meeting. It was awesome. We all skiied down Spruce before the mountain was open to the public. Completely fresh tracks the entire way. I have a feeling that there will be many more days like today. (In fact it might happen again tomorrow as it is still snowing). After that first run we spent about an hour setting up signs on Peak 9. After that we skied three spectaular tree runs on the burn on Peak 10. Later in the morning we did some speed control in the slow zones and right before lunch we took another fun tree run. In the afternoon we did some more speed control and then took a great run off the T-Bar before pulling down all of the signs. If I had to break down my day today, I would say it was roughly 70% skiing and having fun and 30% work. I really hate my job :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor, poor thing. I hate my job too... the best part is the morning drive. Maybe you could hurry back and keep me company, you lucky bastard.

-SV

6:12 PM, February 07, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home