Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hut Trip


Ever since I have been here, everyone has told me that I have to do a Hut trip. At first I didn't know what this was, but last night I found out. There are a series of huts located throughout the Colorado backcountry. Last night I spent the night at Francie's Cabin with four of my friends. It was an awesome experience. The best way to describe it is luxury backpacking. The huts are pretty isolated (4 mile hike to Francie's), but are fully stocked with firewood, cooking utensils, solar powered lights etc. Francie's even had a sauna. The cabin sleeps 20 so there were other people there besides our group. It was a lot of fun. It would be cool to stay at one of these cabins for a few nights and use it as a base for backcountry skiing or hiking in the summer. Other info http://www.summithuts.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home