Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Lake Chutes


Everything in the picture from 1-7 is condsidered The Lake Chutes . -8- is referred to as Easy Street <><>. The ski patrol has names that they use to refer to each of these individual chutes and couloirs. -1- The Diagonal, -2- Wacky, -3- The Elevator, -4- Zoot Chute, -5- Zero Chute, -6- Crazy Ivan and -7- Nine Lives. I skied every one of these this year except Crazy Ivan and The Diagonal (although the Diagonal is the hiking path, so I guess I went up it several times). These runs were by far the steepest I have seen in Colorado. This is one of several aspects of Breckenridge that set it apart from the other resorts in Colorado. Today on Closing Day, I was the last member of the public to ski the Lake Chutes before the ski patrol closed them down for the year. A good way to end the season at Breck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home