Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Friday, April 15, 2005

Huge Jump


Another thing that we weren't allowed to do at work was jumps. As a consequence, I didn't get to work on my freestyle skills as much as I would have hoped. I started working on rails a bit, but breaking my nose kind of killed my confidence for doing an activity where I knew I was going to fall a lot. Breckenridge is renowned for its terrain parks. There are four of them ranging from the baby Eldorado park to the massive Freeway park. I'm comfortable in all of the parks except Freeway. The jumps in the Freeway park are huge. They all put you a minimum of 10' above the ground while airborne. There is one sequence of 3 jumps that have 35', 55' and 75' gaps from takeoff to landing. Today I hit the first jump in that sequence shown here. It was the largest jump that I had ever hit, but it was incredibly smooth. The landing was so well built that there was almost no perceptible impact. Small terrain park jumps are more difficult to land than this huge jump. I didn't try my luck with the two bigger jumps below. Now I need to learn some tricks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home