Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Another Skill in my Quiver


Back in early January when it wasn't snowing very much I began getting bored of skiing everyday. I decided to get a snowboard so I could go back to being a semi-beginner. I got a used board (Salomon 450 - 163cm) on ebay and new boots (Salomon F20) and bindings (Salomon SPX4). I took this setup out for the first time today. I got the whole setup for about $350 and I think all of the components are fairly high end. Prior to today I had only snowboarded three days in my life. The last time was about a year ago at Big Bear. I was pretty good that day advancing to the double black diamonds at Snow Summit (equivalent to groomed blacks at most resorts). Today I boarded for a couple of hours and most of the technique came back to me pretty quickly. I did a few runs on greens and by the end of the day I was riding comfortably on some of the more difficult blues although I was still timid about going fast. I only had a few minor falls. It was such a weird sensation to ride a snowboard after skiing so much this year. I'm going to try to get pretty good at snowboarding this year, hopefully I won't hurt myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home