Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Friday, February 18, 2005

Vail

Casey and Dante arrived last night. We headed over to Vail on my day off. Thankfully my car started this time. It was pretty nice over there. We did some cool runs in the morning that I had never been on. The snow in the back bowls was a little crusty beacuse of the sunshine the day before, but there was still a lot of powder to be found. For lunch we brought sausages and grilled them up on the BBQ's at Belle's Cabin in Blue Sky Basin. It was one of the best meals I have had at a ski resort. Unfortunately, the rest of the day kind of sucked for me. I had been feeling a little sick all day like I had a cold coming on. Around lunch it started to get really bad. I took one run after lunch through Skree Field in Blue Sky Basin. It was an awesome run with tons of fresh powder in the trees, but I just wasn't having fun beacuse I felt so bad. I spent the rest of the day in the lodge drinking water and trying to rest. I think Casey and Dante had fun though and that was the point of the day. We had dinner at Fatty's Pizzeria in Breck. Hopefully my cold won't last long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home