Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The Talons Challenge

Today I went over to Beaver Creek to do the Talons Challenge. The challenge is to do 13 of the most difficult runs at Beaver Creek in one day. It was a great day of skiing. There was 7in of new snow and the mountain was empty. It took me a little over 3 hours to complete the Talons Challenge. It was fun, but difficult. Only one of the runs was groomed. The rest had moguls. I skied pretty hard the rest of the day as well. I discovered a ton of excellent tree skiing at Beaver Creek. Now I wish I had spent more than 2 days there this year. I ended up skiing 45,710 vertical feet which is by far the most I have skied in a single day this year. I skied hard from 8:30 to 4:45. The only downside of the day was when I went to Beaver Creek Village at 3:50 to get a cookie that guest services hands out at the end of the day only to be told that they had run out. Last time I left too early, this time I arrived too late. I may have to go back next week just to get a cookie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home