Winter and Spring of 2005 in the Colorado Rockies

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Trail Ridge Road


The road which crosses the park is called Trail Ridge Road and is the highest continuous paved road in North America. It traverses a high ridge with spectacular views to both sides. This is looking SE back towards Long's Peak. Most of the park looks a lot like other parts of the Rockies. The high road is pretty unique though. I would imagine that there is some very good wilderness camping available in the park as I doubt many people venture beyond the road and the Long's Peak area.
I drove through Granby, Winter Park and over Berthod Pass to get back to I-70. It was a long day and I was pretty exhausted. Just the perfect state to be in to pack up all of my stuff so I could move tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home